Monday, April 19, 2010

Mistakes of a New Homeowner

Becoming a new homeowner means you get to buy a lot of new things. Most of it being things you've never bought before. Take for example this hose:

House080

I wanted to replace the hose that came with the house. The outer shell of the hose was broken, but not quite at the point of spewing water. It was on it's last leg. So on our last trip to Home Depot, while Doug was in line, I went and grabbed a hose. I've never bought a hose before, so I grabbed the cheapest "nice" looking one.
When we got to the house I replaced the old hose with the new one. I was so excited to try out my new hose. But within 30 seconds, this is what it looked like:

House081

Horrible kinks, everywhere!

Stupid new homeowner. If you don't want your hose to kink constantly you have to spend the extra $10 on the "Non-kinking" hose!

So Doug returned that one and let me get a new hose. I decided to give this one a try:

House082

It *shouldn't* kink. It basically stores itself (I'm sooo lazy!). It's a cute color.

House083

And did I mention it comes with it's own fancy 7 pattern sprayer for the same price as a regular non-kinking hose? SOLD!

House084
I'm hoping it lasts because so far I LOVE it. But I've only had it for 3 days. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment