Friday, August 13, 2010

Furniture Building Party

Since we don't have tons of money lying around, we have decided to buy most of our new furniture from guess where...that's right...IKEA!

We have all been there before. I personally have been so many times that they should just give me one of those cool blue and yellow polo shirts so I can direct people around who are lost or confused.
I consider myself an IKEA pro builder. The problem here was that we had so much new furniture to build that it would have taken forever to do it ourselves, and building solo is not much fun either.

We invited Laura's family over for a furniture building party.

Even though I have personally built at least 100 IKEA pieces (no joke), I still like to at least glance at the instructions once in a while.
DSC04826

The first thing built was the new vanity that goes in our bedroom. This will be a great place for Laura to get ready in the mornings. This item is actually from Target.
DSC04824

Here it is all done and ready to go:
DSC04837

Let me introduce you to our secret weapon, Laura's sister, Diane. She just graduated from Caltech so she is basically a genius. It is good to have people like this around when building IKEA furniture. She is heading off to Yale for grad school this week so we only had her for a limited amount of time. She is sitting in an ocean of parts that will become our new dresser.
DSC04835

Her and her dad busted this thing out.
DSC04839

Nice work guys!
DSC04843

"Wait for me! I want to build stuff too!"
DSC04840

I am building the drawer for this masterpiece:
DSC04834

Here it is in place where it will go right next to the bed. Notice how it works with the wall sconce and the switch...
DSC04844
We didn't stop here, we just stopped taking pictures. There is much more furniture to show you. You will have to wait until we post on the living room and the bedrooms to see it all. I know, you are hanging on the edge of your seats. Sorry about that...


No comments:

Post a Comment